Tuesday, August 21, 2018

All set for Baku!

I've just received my flight tickets to Baku, Azerbaijan and my visa has also been approved. So, I'm all set to go to the 2018 World Championships!

This will be the fourth time, the Oon Yeoh/David Finch team will be producing a book about the World Championships for the IJF.

The first one was in 2013, then 2014 and after that 2015. We missed the 2017 edition (there was no book produced that year) but now we're back for the 2018 edition.

Besides covering the judo competition we'll also be covering the 2018 IJF Hall of Fame ceremony where a new bunch of judo heroes will be inducted.

I plan to livetweet the competition and at the end of each night, I'll produce an analytical overview of the day's competition. My articles will be published on top judo sites around the world, namely JudoInside (international), 100% Judo (international) and eJudo (Japan).

The main reason I'm there though is to write a book about the competition. That will be published very soon after the competition is over because I'll be taking extensive notes throughout. Pictures will be supplied by legendary judo photographer David Finch. Below are the previous books we worked on together for the IJF:


2013 Rio 2014 Chelyabinsk 2015 Astana

No comments:

Post a Comment