Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Cross training

 Many martial artists like to cross train and try different arts. I consider judo more of a sport than a martial art so if there's any cross training to be done, it'd be with other sports where the techniques are very applicable to judo.

This is why I am interested in Greco-Roman Wrestling, whose throws (especially the ura-nages) are very applicable to judo. Another sport that has a lot of judo applicability is Sambo, the Russian answer to judo. The rules are not the same but many of the techniques are.

Although I have some experience in wrestling, I have never tried Sambo before. I am keen to learn some techniques. That is why I ordered some Sambo video from Russian. I shall be studying them to find out what can be used in judo.

No comments:

Post a Comment