Friday, February 1, 2019

Judo HIIT a hit!




We'd done judo-related warm ups for a few weeks now so I decided to inject something fresh into the training by introducing some HIIT exercises designed to be done in pairs.

We did just six types of exercises for 30 seconds each. It worked out well. The warm ups were short and they were tiring. I think people enjoyed the fact that they were done with a partner.

Time flies when you're having fun. Two hours flew by just like that. We didn't really have much time to learn stuff. I wanted to do so much more, including groundwork but there was only enough time for ippon-seoi-nage.

I made the decision to keep it at that one technique rather than to try to rush through some other stuff I had planned. We'll push those to Sunday, I guess. There wasn't much time for randori also. So hopefully we can make up for it Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment